You can’t lose weight without controlling your nutrition.
If you’re trying to lose fat by joining a gym—but not changing what you eat—it won’t work. Not even SkyBox workouts, which are the best!
But the problem is that diets don’t work. And they usually backfire. So what CAN you do to control your weight?
- Start tracking what you eat. Just writing it down makes a huge difference. Record it in a blank notebook or use apps like MyFitnessPal.
- Start balancing your blood sugar. Get off the carbohydrate ‘coaster by getting some protein EVERY time you eat.
- Drink two glasses of water every time you drink a coffee. This is the only way I make sure I drink enough water. Coffee doesn’t dehydrate you if you drink it all the time, but you STILL need more water than you’re probably drinking. And water will make the caffeine more effective anyway.
- Don’t jump on the “diet” everyone at work is doing. Cleanses, fasting, low-calorie meals and even most ketogenic diets are garbage. They’re not sustainable, and they’ll bite you in the long run.
- Whenever you see a new diet on TV or in a magazine, ask yourself: “Can I eat this way forever?” If not, it’s not worth consideration. Save yourself a lot of pain today and guilt in the future.
We follow this prescription:
“EAT MEAT AND VEGETABLES, NUTS AND SEEDS, SOME FRUIT, LITTLE STARCH AND LIMIT SUGAR. KEEP INTAKE TO LEVELS THAT WILL SUPPORT EXERCISE, BUT NOT BODY FAT.”
Put another way by Michael Pollan, author of “The Omnivore’s Dilemma” and “In Defense of Food”:
“EAT FOOD. NOT TOO MUCH, MOSTLY PLANTS.”
Keep it simple. Then go work out!
If you need a helping hand, get in touch with us to join our Nutrition Habits Coaching program to make life long healthy habits!